Saturday, September 8, 2007

September = FAIR!!

Around here, September means the fair!!! Labor Day weekend kicks off with the parade & then the fair begins. I love the fair! I have always loved the fair! Now, I'm totally beyond the rides & carnie stuff. I don't even go down there anymore. But I love to walk through the exhibits--the quilts, sewing, photography, etc. It was very fun to walk through & look for Jenni's photography entries--I was able to find 4 of them & they looked awesome!

I'm totally a country girl at heart...my favorite part of the fair is...the animals!! I love walking through the animal barns & seeing the mini horses, cows, draft horses, goats, etc. My fav!!

So here's pics from my day at the fair today!


This horse was ENORMOUS!! Probably the tallest horse I have ever seen!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I am so totally impressed that you took pictures at the fair! I wanted too but refused to take my new camera in (for fear of it being stolen) and I forgot my little one....so no pictures from the fair. So fun though and glad you got to go....and I know deep down you really wanted to go check out those hot carnies! :) YUCK!

Liza said...

I stole James' digital to take. It's little enough that I could slip it inthe pocket of my pants. I missed some great photos though! I met up with Becky there & my mom got Reece & Cody's little boy a ride in a John Deere 'gator. Of course, I didn't think to take photos til later! They were so darling hanging on to the back of that thing & just loved their ride!

Oh yeah, the draw of those hottie carnies was tough to resist, but I managed! LOL!