Monday, July 28, 2008

Crazy fun weekend

What a fun, crazy, busy, fun weekend I am getting home from today! My niece got married this weekend. I had insurance inspections to do in Boise, so we decided it was a great idea to combine the two! I actually started on Thursday, by dragging my mom with me up to Jackson Hole to do an inspection. We made the mistake of going through Driggs to get to Jackson. Let me first say, we do not go to Jackson very often & did not realize that this would take us over a huge mountain with a very steep pass! It was a little bit scary, but this view sooooo made it worth while!

And then on Friday morning, we left for Boise. Most of Friday was work, as I had inspections to do. I was in the McCall area for the afternoon & it is so pretty up there! I had forgotten that there is a huge lake in McCall. Of course, I had to whip out the camera & take pictures of everything! I don't go up there very often & wanted to be able to remember how pretty it is.




So, once we realized that we were going to be there three nights, as we arrived on Friday & came home today, we got to looking at prices. We realized that we were going to pay almost $200 for a hotel room & we could camp at a very nice campground in Fruitland for $60. For the whole weekend. That was a no brainer for us! We like to camp & so we decided to camp. It is a beautiful park like campground with lots of trees & grass. There was tons of room for Josh to play soccer, which he wouldn't have had at the hotel. As long as Josh can play soccer, he is happy. Not only that, but right across from where we were camped, they had a great clubhouse with a living room area, a kitchen, and a pool table. So I'm not sure how close we really were to actual camping. Yeah, we slept in a tent, but we have a huge tent, we all had mattresses, we had cable TV, full electricity, and a full kitchen to cook in. It was my idea of camping! They also had this sweet cat that lives at the campground. He was super sweet & apparently took a real liking to us, as he was with us all weekend! I seriously thought about sneaking him into the car & bringing him home with us.


And then, we had the main event! My niece Valerie is such a sweet girl. She's always been super quiet & never really seemed to know where she fit in to things. She met this wonderful young man, Kurt, who has been absolutely wonderful for her. I saw a totally different young lady this weekend. She was outgoing, confident, and so sure of herself. A big part of that change is due to the influence that Kurt has had on her. I am so pleased with her choice in a partner & can't wait to go back to Boise a year from now for their temple sealing!!!

The beautiful couple during the ceremony.

Most of the family during pictures

With Val's dad & stepmom

Getting ready to cut the cake

One of Kurt's cute little nephews on the tire swing that they had in the yard of the B&B where the wedding was held. These darling little boys loved swinging on it & picked Josh as their favorite pusher. I think he spent over an hour pushing them!

This is how Josh travels...either watching movies on the laptop or sleeping. No wonder he enjoys going on trips so much!

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

What a fun & busy weekend! You guys really know how to get around the state! :) That pass is nothing in the good weather! Micah's family travels back & forth EVERDAY.....no matter the weather! Crazy people I think! :) How fun to camp and go to a wedding! Glad it was a great weekend for you!