Friday, April 22, 2011

Snapshots of the trip to Tulsa...

  dingbat Liza realized about 2 hours into the Tulsa trip that the camera is at home!  Sheesh....but, my phone does have a good camera, so I was still able to get some good photos.  Not as many as I normally take, but I kept forgetting I had a camera on my phone!!  

Is it spring??  The day we left, it looked like winter!!

Good thing Wyoming does have some cool scenery, because I really hate that state!!

Boring, boring, boring...... 
I have never seen a covered bridge over the interstate before!!! 
Hahaha!!  I don't know what the purpose of this 20 foot tall guy was, but it made me laugh every single time we pulled up to the show site.

Happy 125th Anniversary, CCA!!  Gorgeous cake and it was soooooo delicious!!

Love this dog!  This is Dash, who hopefully will be involved in an announcement later.....

Erin and Gabers......more on them later....

I absolutely LOVED this necklace!!  Sadly, even in silver, which I prefer, it was out of my price range, so it is not around my neck.

Hard Rock Cafe!!!

Poor Hannah was not thrilled about being on the trip with us.

Gabers, however, is happy anywhere, as long as he has a bed.....   

And of course.....my mom's quilt.  She makes a quilt for the Collie Health Foundation to auction at their annual auction.  For the 125th Anniversary of the Collie Club of America, she did a quilt that has the names and kennel names of hundreds of collie breeders embroidered into it.  It took her 7 months to embroider and looked amazing.  They auctioned it for $800.  All together, mom's quilts have brought over $10,000 to the Collie Health Foundation.


It was an amazing trip.  I haven't been to a National since 2006, so it had been 5 years since I had seen so many of my friends.  It was wonderful to see them all again and spend time with them.  I got to spend time with wonderful people, see beautiful dogs, and have a week and a half away from reality.  It was perfect!

No comments: