Sunday, December 18, 2011

Answers to Prayers


So, I was sitting in church today, listening to some beautiful, amazing ladies sharing their incredible voices while they sang about the birth of Christ.  As the music surrounded me, I let my mind wander.  Earlier this month, I gave a talk in church about answers to prayers and personal revelation.  It's funny that this was my topic, because I have always had a hard time feeling like my prayers are answered.  I've spent a big part of the last few months feeling sorry for myself because I felt that a very big prayer of mine had gone unanswered.  It struck me today how very, very wrong I've been.  My prayer did not go unanswered.  It simply was answered very differently than I had expected it to be answered.  And I don't have words to express how very, very grateful I am that my prayer was answered in the way that it was!!  I am so, so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father who knows what is best for me and what I need, even when I am sure that it's something else.   My life course has been changed because He knew so much better than I what I needed.  And for that, all I can say is....