Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day. A day that is both very hard for me and also a wonderful celebration of the man who made me what I am. I was blessed to be given the most amazing man in the world as my father. I never doubted how much my dad loved me. Growing up, he was my hero. He still is.

Dad always had time for me. He made a special point of he and I having "daddy/daughter dates" every single month. I knew that was a time for just me and daddy and that no matter what, we would always have those. I was a big priority in his life and I knew it. He believed in me. He had confidence and faith in me. He was proud of me. He made me want to live up to everything he saw in me. No one knew how to have fun more than Dad. But he also knew when to be serious. My friends all loved him. In fact, I don't think there was ever a kid born who didn't love him. And who he didn't love. Dad saw the best in everyone and taught me the importance of doing that.

Dad's been gone for almost 16 year now, and I miss him more every day. Sometimes I wish I could talk to him, take a problem to him, or share a concern with him. I wish he could tell me what I should do or how to fix a situation I find myself in. An amazing friend reminded me today that my dad is always with me and that I can always talk to him. I forget that sometimes. So as we get ready to celebrate Father's Day, please take the time to tell the amazing fathers and men in your life what they mean to you and how important they are to you. Cherish not just this day, but every day you are given to be with them.

Happy Father's Day Daddy. I love you so much. I miss you and I hope you're as proud of me as I am of you.





2 comments:

Jenni said...

tears running down my face....that is so beautiful! I LOVE YOUR DAD too....and am so thankful for the amazing example he was to me in a very important time in my life. HUGS to you and your family today!!!

Jones' said...

Liza I am so grateful for your friendship and glad that you are the wonderful person you are.