Sunday, September 12, 2010

Amazing Book

I find myself deeply buried in yet another book.  I can't put it down, which I realize is not really a big announcement for me when I'm buried in a book.  It is amazing to me to read of Elizabeth Gilbert's search for herself and the discoveries that she made.  I am able to see a lot of parallels between myself and Mrs. Gilbert.  I admire the courage and strength it took her to make the really hard decisions in her life that she has.  And I am awed by her commitment and willingness to truly look inside herself  to discover exactly who she was.  That's a scary thing.  It's really hard to look that deeply within yourself, because the answers aren't always pretty or flattering.  But from reading and sharing in her journey, I am finding that I'm a little more wiling than I was to start doing that digging and searching.  Even when the answers aren't pretty, I want to get to a point where I want them and am able to accept them and change them where I need to, to fully become the person that I want to be.

No comments: