Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spring Time!

I was in Idaho Falls on Monday. It was such a gorgeous day!!! A little bit too warm for me for this time of year, but gorgeous nonetheless. I think it's finally spring here!
This is our spring kitten this year. We don't have a name for this little cutie, but she sure is sweet!

Meow-Meow is the kitty cat queen bee around this place. She is the boss & she knows it!
On a totally separate note, my mom is an amazing quilter! I have been telling her for years that she should make her quilts available for sale and do custom orders. I think I about have her convinced to branch into that. I'm going to start making her a blog for her work this weekend. These are a couple of her most recent table runners.
This is called Trip Around The World. This runner is made out of leftover fabric from making me a quilt of this same pattern. She decided she wanted to make this pattern & I just fell in love with the fabrics she selected. She generously decided to make the quilt for me & I cannot wait for it to be done being quilted!

She appliqued these flowers on for this spring table runner. I think it's so pretty & it's fun to walk by the table and see it every day!

3 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

You and your mom sound like best friends and I just watned to tell you how cool I think that is!

Liza said...

We are pretty close Shamae. We always got along pretty well, but since I've gotten older & realized just how right she was about a lot of life, we've moved to a point where we're good friends most of the time.

Micah and Jen said...

your mom is so talented! I love her work!!! She should totally sell them....they are gorgeous! And springtime....I think we skipped it and are jumping to summer again this year...but it was a pretty week huh?