Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm so jealous!

I know, I know, jealousy is not a good thing! But I'm jealous anyway! My brother John got to go home to New England for almost 2 weeks last month. He got to visit my brother's family in Vermont and my brother's family in Connecticut. I haven't been home in 5 years & got so homesick from his photos. But he hasn't been able to go home to visit since my brother got married 11 years ago, so I'm way happy for him that he got to make this trip. Now we just need to get us all back in New England at the same time!!
My brother Bob's house in Vermont. Below is their sugar shack. They tap their own maple trees and got a bunch of maple syrup this year.

Bob's barn
The stream behind my brother's house
My nephew Michael

These first two photos are so typically New England!

There are covered bridges everywhere all around New England. I never really paid alot of attention to them when I lived there, but now that I'm not there very often, I sure miss them!



Look how handsome my oldest brother is!
my cute niece Sarah
My nephew Michael playing baseball

Bob & my niece Andrea running
Bob is a volunteer firefighter in their little town
John & his high school track coach--Coach Tetlow
My handsome brother Andy
My sister in law Cherie, who I adore!
My nephew TylerMy nephew Billy
The sign into our old town
Ledyard High School
The old homestead. This is the house that was built from the ground up by my family. It was so hard to leave this house when we moved! Even now, 16 years later, see the photo John sent made me almost cry!


4 comments:

Erin said...

If you had come out to the National this year, you could have visited your old stomping grounds yourself. And most importantly, you could have seen ME! ;-)

Liza said...

I know, I know! But that involved the same problem that going home does...an airline ticked it crazy expensive!

But I really am seriously considering going next year.

Micah and Jen said...

It's gorgeous! I can see why you miss it so much!

Jones' said...

How wonderful to "visit" thru these amazing photos. I hope you get to visit soon. Don't forget to splurge on yourself once in a while!