Monday, February 1, 2010

Ch. Pembroke New Way to Fly February 17, 2002-February 1, 2010



Ever had a day that you wished you could just skip over and not have? Today was one of those for me. The entire day was pretty rotten. I did have the highlight of visiting briefly with Jen & her kids. But the day got exceedingly worse on the way home, when I got a call from Josh that there was something wrong with Garth. Indeed, when I got home, Garth was in a bad, bad way, and I was afraid that we were going to lose him. I called the vet, who happens to be a very good friend of mine from high school. After talking to Tony and giving him the symptoms an telling him how Garth looked, we determined that I would bring him in, but that most likely there was nothing we could do for him. We did end up losing this sweet, sweet boy tonight, before his time. Tony believes that he had a fast moving cancer and that he'd gone downhill so quickly he wouldn't survive treatment.

Garth was only not quite 8 years old. I absolutely adored this boy. He was so sweet and so kind. He loved to give hugs and kisses and always wanted to please me. He always, always made me happy and always made me smile. I will greatly miss his hugs and kisses--Garth was not a licker, but would touch his nose to your cheek to give you a kiss. Rest in peace sweet boy. We love you and we will miss you.

2 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Hugs Liza. What a tough couple months for you guys with the loss of your pets. I'm sorry. :(

Jenni said...

I am so sorry my dear. I know how hard this time is for you....and I'm thinking of you. I'm glad I did get to see you for a few minutes, but now feel bad because you could have had more time with your doggie. This post made me tear up....what a sweet dog he was! HUGS!!!