Saturday, February 27, 2010

Little bit of this, little bit of that, and the family artist

Life has been insanely busy the last few weeks with work. I've been traveling at least two days each week and often more, and been putting in a lot of late nights and weekend time writing reports. In fact, I should be writing a report right now! I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I've got going on & not sure how to handle it all and get it all done well and attempt to stay on top of things. And then I heard about a friend who is waiting to hear if her job is being cut and if she'll be let go from her company. And that made me stop feeling sorry for myself for being so busy. I am so grateful for a good, steady job that I really enjoy. I'm grateful for the chance I have to work from home and be here for my family and be involved in Josh's life and activities to the extent that I'm able to be. I'm grateful to be associated with companies in my job that are strong and solid. They have ethics and integrity and are like families. I'm grateful for their confidence and belief in me.

The one benefit of traveling is that I get to see some pretty things and places. And when I go to Sun Valley or Jackson, I see some ski hills that I would much rather be skiing down than working!











Josh is taking Ceramics at school this trimester. I have to admit that I have harassed him a bit about it. But he's really good. I picked up a couple of his pieces for him and brought them home last week. I was really impressed at how good they are. He's just a fount of hidden talents! The tall red piece is going to be in the local art show at the library sometime next month. I'm really looking forward to going in to see it on display!!


No comments: