Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I love you daddy!


Today is the 15th anniversary of my dad's death. This is always sort of a difficult day, but for some reason, today seems especially hard for me. I miss him a whole lot today. My dad was the most amazing man. I always knew how much he loved me. He was never too busy for me and always wanted to listen to me. I always knew that he would be there for me. My dad loved his family so much. I loved to watch my mom and dad together. They loved each other so much. My parents were my example of what a marriage should be and I am so thankful for the high standard they set for me! I am thankful to be a part of their eternal family!

It hurts me to know that so many of my nieces and nephews either don't remember him, because they were so young when we lost him, or didn't ever get to meet him. He got such great joy from his grand kids! As much as he loved my brothers and me, I think he loved the grand kids even more!! I hope and pray that they know and are told by my brothers how much they mean to my dad & the kind of man that he was.

As much as I miss my dad, I do know that he is still with us. I know how much he still loves us all. I know that he is watching over us and protecting us. Each of my brothers and I all have a story to tell about dad being our guardian angel.

I love you dad & miss you more than I can say!

My mom and dad on their wedding day

Mom & Dad with the family when it was just my 4 brothers

Four of the five of us kids, when I was little. I think John was on his mission

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

My heart breaks for you today. I know how difficult this must be for you and I pray that you know how much you are loved. I know that your dad is smiling down at you and is so proud of the woman you have become! :) Love you Liza and I can't wait for the day when we can all be together in heaven!!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I agree with Jen...your dad is so proud of you. what a sweet tribute to a great man. Hugs!

Jones' said...

Liza, he was an amazing man and still loves you!