Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Unhappy teenage boy

So the big doctor's appointment was today. The good news is that nothing is completely torn, which means no surgery! The bad news is that he damaged and partially tore his MCL, ACL, and PCL. The doctor compared it to a rope and explained that it's like he frayed some of the strands of the rope. He has been shut down for at least four weeks, which means that he is done for the season for both Soccer and Cross Country. I don't think I have ever seen him so devastated. He really, really thought he'd be able to come back for Districts and State. I feel so bad for him. He's so sad about this & there's nothing I can do to make it better. Poor guy! But like the doctor explained, missing the rest of the soccer season is better than taking a chance on having to get ACL surgery, which is a 1 year recuperation!

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Oh darn it! I was hoping he would get to do some more this season....since I am a total loser and didn't get to take any photos of him! Sorry Josh! Hope you get better soon!

Jones' said...

Oh, I hope he heals well and he'll be back at it next year again!

Jones' said...

Oh, I hope he heals well and he'll be back at it next year again!