Friday, July 13, 2007

Growing Up

Ok, so this isn't new news, but I didn't have a blog when it happened. So that makes it sorta new, right? I have this feeling Jen would say it's OK...

I have two wonderful nephews who live with me. James & Josh. Actually, if you want to get technical, I really have 21 wonderful nieces & nephews! Anyway, a huge event happened at our house this year...James graduated from high school!! Now, ask me just how old that makes me feel! Here's my handsome nephew on his graduation night:
This was such a fun night for our family, as my brother & his family were able to come to be with us. There were alot of us, but here's kind of a wide angle view of the row we took up!

Closest is Michael, Wendy, Andrea, their mom, my SIL Lori, then my brother & way down on the other end is my niece Ariella, SIL Amy & my mom.

Of course, as graduations have a tendancy to do, it ran a bit long & was a tad on the boring side, at least accoring to Josh--my other wonderful nephew. Apparently, when you're 13, it's great to amuse and entertain yourself by doing...well, just look below--you'll see...

Yes, self photography. Or at least his cousin Michael claims he didn't take it! Now, Josh is really a cute boy. I'll have to dedicate an entry to him with some good photos!


I can't believe James has graduated from high school! When he leaves on his mission, I'm going to miss him so much. I'm going to miss his friends almost as much! James has been blessed with a fantastic group of friends who have been in & out of my home for the last 6 years. I'm going to miss a housefull of terrific teenagers all the time. I'll miss the most James' two best friends, Mike(in the orange shirt) and Cade(the other graduate).


Mike, James, Cade, Brandon

James, Ashley, Cade

Amie, Julia, James, Cade, Seth

I remember my graduation night so clearly. I can't believe, and refuse to accept that I'm old enough for that to have been 10 years ago! I still remember the excitement & fear I felt that night & in the following days. I remember how fun it was to move on with life & the next chapter. I'm so proud of James for everything he's accomplished & so excited to watch him spread his wings & fly on to that next chapter. I pray for him the same excitement in the every day of it that I had.
--

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

What a fun blog! Sure--blog about old stuff because that's how we get to know you! :) These are fun pictures--thanks for sharing them!

Oh, of course we have the same taste in music still--we loved everything the same before--so why not now??? :)