Sunday, January 13, 2008

52 Blessings ~ Week 2

*****The 52 Blessings Project About 52 Blessings--Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now a days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.*****

Already, I'm finding that this is going to be a very good yearly challenge for me. I've been spending the week thinking about the blessings in my life. I find that, especially with the challenges I've had the last few months, I tend to focus on the bad things & the problems that I've got. I fail to pay a whole lot of attention to the good things & the gifts that I've been given. So, for this week, I have chosen my family. I think I have the best family! We may not always get along & they may frustrate me sometimes, but they are the best. I love them dearly! My immdiate family consists of my mom and two of my nephews. James, in the middle, is the older & just left on his mission. James is who I wrote about last week. Josh, on the left, is 14. He is an amazing young man! He has this huge love of life & this wonderful, huge personality--Josh makes friends with everyone he sees. He makes me laugh every single day & I just love him to death. I am so thankful for my family & for the blessing that it is for me to have them as my family!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I think that sadly in this day and age it is sooooo much eaiser to focus on the hard stuff....doesn't make sense but we all do it! I do it way more than I want too and this project has been good for me too.....because I have been a basket case of STRESS lately and I have NO IDEA why!?! This is a great blessing and I think you have a pretty great family too! :)

Liza said...

I agree with you Jen. I don't think I used to be so focused on the bad stuff--I remember I used to be super optimistic. I think it's just the reality of growing up & dealing with life. But I am very grateful to you for helping me focus on the positive with this prject!