Monday, January 7, 2008

Basketball!

Now that soccer is over & the long winter has set in, Josh's focus in life has shifted from soccer to basketball...well, basketball & girls. But for today, the main focus is basketball. Josh spent Thursday & Friday trying out for basketball & anxiously waited through the weekend for the results, as the team was not posted until noon today. After spending a large part of the day Saturday waiting with his good friend Cooper, either at my house or at the church shooting hoops, Josh was very, very excited today to find out that he did indeed make the 8th grade basketball team! I'm excited for him & have the feeling that this is just the beginning of 4 years of jumping from sport to sport, depending on the season.

Josh & Coop playing ball in our church gym. Coop is in the brown shirt, Josh in the blue.


2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

YAY! Congrats to Josh....very exciting! I am glad that I still have a few years before I have to do all the sports stuff....but I know it's coming! Good luck girl! :)

Liza said...

Enjoy the peace of having small kids while you can! Soon enough, they'll be so busy you won't know how in the world you've managed to fit all those extra activities in. I never could have imagined how crazy it must have been for my mom!