Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year, New Page

Wow--it's been a really long time since I've posted on here. It's been a tough few months for me & this blog has been one of the things that I've dropped. I'm still having some tough times, but I've also come to realize that things are going to work out the way they work out & I just need to keep on living, keep my chin up & take things as they come!

So, while I've not posted on here at all, I've still occasionally checked out other blogs, mainly Jen's. When I went onto Jen's blog today, I found this post from her & it touched me! Maybe part of it is that I'm really starting to believe that today especially, the Lord has been ensuring that I have heard the things that I needed to hear to get through the wall of self-doubt & lack of faith that I've had surrounding my heart for the last few months. Maybe there is hope for me after all.

So, here's what I'm going to steal from Jen for 2008. I've decided to start the year off the right way & this will help me to remember the many things that I have been blessed with.


*****The 52 Blessings Project About 52 Blessings--On a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.*****



So, after much internal debate, I have chosen what I am thankful for in the first week of the new year. I am grateful for a nephew who made the decision to serve a mission for our church. He has not always had an easy life & he made the choice to join the church against the wishes of his father. He has brought the sweetest spirit into our home since we were privileged to have him move in with us. I will miss him greatly while he is serving the Lord for 2 years in Puerto Rico, but I am so proud of the choices that he has made in his life & the strength that he has shown. He is a special spirit & I am grateful for the blessing of having him in my life & family. We had the privelege of taking James to the MTC on Wednesday, the 2nd of January. what an amazing experience that was!


2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear that things have been hard for you lately and feel really bad that I didn't even know. Please know that I'm thinking of you and if there is anything I can do or anything you need please call me anytime! I can't believe he has already left for the MTC! That is so crazy!!! He will be a great missionary....and I am super excited you are doing this project as well! :)

Liza said...

Don't even worry about it Jen. I've been sort of a recluse, trying to get things figured out. I don't know how much I've figured out, but I know that I need to get it figured out, so I'm trying. That's a start, huh?