Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I believe in miracles!!!

Saturday night, I set out for a night on the town with 6 of my friends for a birthday celebration!  My birthday had been the Thursday before, and Kara celebrated her 30th birthday on the Tuesday after.  So we headed out for dinner and a movie.  Spirits were high as we headed out in Kara's new van.  As we were traveling down Ferry Butte Road headed towards Pocatello, we were t-boned by someone who ran their stop sign without even slowing down.  It was estimated that she was going about 45 miles an hour when she plowed into us.  We were extremely blessed and know that we not only had angels around us, but were the recipients of miracles that night.  Kara's van had side curtain airbags, which protected all on the side that took the impact from greater injuries.  Dessa's husband is a former police officer.  He told us the next day that he'd never been to the scene of an accident that serious as a cop without at least one serious injury or fatality.  We all walked away from the accident.  Three of the girls were taken in the ambulance to the hospital.  Two were released that night, and Kara, who is 7 months pregnant, was released after being kept for 8 hours for observation.  The only fatality of the night was Kara's van.  Thank heavens it was only something that can be replaced!!

I came away from that night with with even more respect for some amazing ladies than I already had.  Kara, Mica, Angie, Stephanie, Dessa, and Sarah, I love you all so much and am thankful we're all still around!!  If I had to go through that experience, I'm so glad I went through it with you guys!!  


The side of the van that got hit

This is the missing door on the drivers side of the van that is stuck to the front of the car that hit us.  

Pictures taken of the van the next day at the junkyard.  It somehow looks so much worse in the daylight....

2 comments:

Jenni said...

This is so scary....and I am soooo glad that everyone was okay! HUGS!

Yara said...

Wow, it sounds really scary!