Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Musings on a new year

Keeping up on my blog has been one of the things that I've really dropped the ball with the last few months.  As I found the old year wrapping up and getting ready to start a new one, I'm not sure where 2010 went, or what I really accomplished in it.  In many ways, it was both a good year and a bad year, but I'm learning that every single year is that way.  I had some people come into my life that I will be forever grateful for having known.  Some of them will stay in my life forever, and others have already passed through.  Regardless of which they were, they have had a profound effect on my life and helped to change me in positive ways.  I am thankful for the people that help me to shape my life and my choices.
I was fortunate enough to be brought up with very strong beliefs and standards, and parents who were amazing examples of they way they wanted me to live.  In every way possible, my parents emulated their beliefs in their daily actions.  I couldn't have asked for better examples.  Sometimes, when you have something your whole life, I think it's sometimes easy to take it for granted.  If you don't make the daily decisions needed, things can sometimes slip away from you.  I came to a point in my life where I found that happening with me.  I am so very grateful for one person coming into my life very briefly to serve as a living reminder to me of Christlike love and charity.  With one action, he reminded me of things that I had let slip.
At the beginning of 2011, I'm so grateful for second chances, and for the opportunity that I have daily to choose the direction of my life.  I can choose every single day what direction to take my life in and have control over the direction I take.  That's an incredible blessing to me.  And one I choose to take total advantage of in 2011!!!

No comments: