Saturday, August 18, 2007

Gardens & Kitties

I love working out in my yard, because I love my flower gardens & puttering around in them. Whenever I'm out in my garden weeding, the kitties always come up & get in the way, asking to be petted & get attention. It always takes me longer to weed the garden than it should, because I'm always stopping to play with the kitties.
Yeah, in case you couldn't tell--I have the garden & the kitties on my mind this afternoon because I spent my day working out in the yard!





Above is a photo of Buffy(in the rear), Amber, and Sammy. Below is the same group, only Sheba, the calico with white, has joined them.


Below is Uncle. When we first got him, he had a real name. But then when his sister had her kittens, we started calling him Uncle. That stuck more than the other name & now, that's what we always call him. I can't even remember what his name was supposed to be!


Below is Meow Meow. She was originally called Snickers when she was a kitten, but she talks alot. She is constantly talking to us & meowing at us. Needless to say, MeowMeow just stuck.

Josh took this photo of MeowMeow. I love this close up of her face. This is the look she gives us all the time. She is very sure of her infinate wisdom & that she knows far more about everything than we do. I think she is just one of the prettiest kitties I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

What fun! Love your iris's they are soooo pretty! Mine didn't bloom this year--I think I had a few helping hands in that one! The kitties are super cute too!

Liza said...

If ever you need more iris, just let me know. We're always dividing ours & would love to share.