Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mom & Dad

I think I was blessed with the best parents in the world. This is sort of an older photo, but this is my mom and dad.

Yesterday was a tough day, as it was the anniversary of my dad's death. Unfortunately, he was taken from our family far too soon. I was privileged to have him in my life for as long as I did and be able to make the memories with him that I will cherish for a lifetime. He has set the bar extremely high for me in regards to a father and husband should be.


My mom must be one of the strongest people I know! She was not only able to survive losing the love of her life at a relatively young age, with a teenager still at home, but she has been able to find a way to thrive. Seven years ago, when the need arose in our family, she opened her home & heart to two of my nephews who needed her. I moved in at that point to help out. I don't know how much help I've been, but I know how much I've learned from not only my mom, but also James & Josh.

In short, my parents rock! I hope that I can live up to the example that they have always set for me!

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

Tears in my eyes right now! I love your dad so much and that picture is just so him....he is one of the happiest men I have ever known! What a beautiful post and tribute to your parents!