Wednesday, August 8, 2007

School Shopping!

I can't believe it's almost back to school time! Josh is quite pleased to let me know that he goes back to school on the 22nd, which is in just 2 weeks! Summer has gone by way too fast. So Josh has been so excited to go school shopping. He's been begging to go to Idaho Falls to work with me so that he can go school shopping. I finally decided that this was the perfect week to do it. My boss is out of town for two weeks & it's really quiet around work. My company has a big National Seminar at this time every year & all our Senior Management attends, which means that my office is almost totally empty. So, today, Josh went to work with Liza. Talk about an adventure! Josh is the funnest kid & he likes to have a good time, joke around & always be doing things. So, I guess it should go without saying that I didn't get a whole lot accomplished today at work. But I had a fun time! Josh had me laughing all day long. He's a kid who knows no strangers. He had a great time visiting with everyone who came by my area, testing out all of my office gadgets(paper shredder, electric pencil sharpener, paper cutter, laminator, 3-hole punch, etc). But, we got all the school shopping done! We hit Wal-Mart, ShopKo, Sports Authority, Big 5, Ross, and the mall. Josh now feels that he is properly set to go back to school with new jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and as he says, rockin' new Puma shoes. James isn't going back to school, but managed to convince me that he needed a new pair of jeans & a new pair of shorts. Shopping with Josh is definately entertaining! Shopping with both James & Josh is a once in a lifetime experience! We then capped off the evening with a wonderful dinner with the whole family at Olive Garden, which I absolutely love & haven't been to since the new one opened in town.

So, after a long day, James & Josh ended it by modelling their new clothes & goofing off. It was a good day & I'm pretty sure that I'm tired enough that I'll be sleeping very, very well tonight!



1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

Too funny! Sounds like a good time...don't you love that we have an Olive Garden here now? We are soooo moving up in the world!