Sunday, August 5, 2007

Odds & Ends

So, I was looking through my digital picture album & found some fun photos that we've taken over the last couple of weeks. They're not from any one event or activity, just photos we've taken when we've been places or when we've been goofing around, or whatever.

Josh is a huge ham!! He loves to goof off for the camera, make faces for the camera, take pictures of himself...basically, he loves the camera!


This is James and his "good friend" Ashley. James & Ashley have known each other for quite a long time & have always been close. I absolutely adore Ashley & love the influence she has on James. However, I have to admit that with James getting ready for his mission, I'm glad that Ashley has gone to work back east for 5 months. On the other hand, I really hope we see lots of her after James gets home!

Cade is one of James' best friends. It's a very common occurance to find Cade sacked out on the couch in our family room on a Saturday morning! Cade's one of those terrific friends that James has been blessed with!!

James & his two best friends, Mike & Cade, went on a 4-wheeler/motorcycle day trip. Below is Mike(on the left) and Cade hiking on the trip.

Ok, my mom would KILL me if she knew this photo was on here, but oh well! I just will hope she doesn't check out the blog! She was doing her favorite thing in the world--genealogy & I called her name & surprised her with the camera.

So, honestly, even though he looks, well, I don't know what he looks like in this photo...but James actually knew this photo was being taken & deliberatley made this face. Nice, huh?

Pretty, huh? This is the view from my backyard. The grain looks so pretty as it turns gold & gets ready for harvest. Of course, the problem with it turning gold & getting ready for harvest means that my misery then starts. The only time of year I have allergy problems is during grain harvest--and believe me, at that time, I am miserable!



This used to be the best place in the world to swim. When I was in high school, my friends & I swam here all the time. James & Josh & their friends have always swam here. It's surprising to me how many kids not living in this immediate area know about & love to come to "The Tube". Sadly, apparently the county decided it was a liability to have that many kids there all the time & so they demolished The Tube. It is now just a shallow part of the river system going into the resevoir. Josh was so bummed about it he wanted to go take photos to be able to record the destruction done to their swimming hole! Josh said to me--I guess the only place we can swim now is the canals. Seriously, we almost had a teen uprising in our area over this travesty.


Josh is a pipe mover. There are times he absolutely loves it--like when he picks up his paycheck--and times he hates it--like when he has to be in the fields at 6:30am. But he decided that he had to get a picture of himself in front of the fields...again, this goes back to the camera hog thing. Personally, I just thought it was an awesome photo of him!! How cute is this kid? I guess that's why we have girls calling the house already--and he's only 13!!!


We have some pretty cool sunsets out at our house. Josh thought this one was really interesting--I agree. While it's not necesarily the prettiest one we've had, it's very unusual. And I thought a sunset was a great way to cap off the night for me.


And there's a more typical beautiful Idaho sunset from outside my front door.

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

They can't take away the TUBE!!!! That isn't fair--I would have been at the uprising on that one! I took M there for our engagement pictures--so much fun and memories at this place--I am so sad. Oh, I LOVE the picture of your mom! Hilarious! Great post--love seeing what you are up to! We still need to get together!

Liza said...

Yeah, that's horrible, isn't it? I didn't believe Josh when he told me about it, so I had to go & see for myself! The teenagers around here are so upset! James & Josh used to go there every day during the summer!