Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mission Prep

I can't believe it, but James will be 19 this fall. For him, that means that he is preparing to leave on his mission. I am not quite sure how he got to be that old, but it sure makes me feel old!

So, he's got his paperwork all just about ready to go & all we had to do was take the picture to turn in. He's so handsome in his suit I just had to share a photo!


Of course, then I got a full view of him & he was James the goofy teenager again & no longer James the soon to be missionary!


I look at him & I just can't believe he's all grown up. In my head, he's still this shy, bashful 12 year old. But he's so happy, he's so confident, he's so smart. He's kind & compassionate. Being a cutie, he has a way of drawing girls & is just as easy being friends with girls as he is with other guys. I'm so proud of the person he's becoming & the choices he's making in his life!! What a terrific young man!!

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

what a handsome young man....i was going to tell you that I would love to do his mission pictures--if he wants. I have a black back drop that works--but can also do them wherever. Just let me know.