Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cats!

Snake River High School did a production of Cats! for their musical this year. We went last night & may I say, it was an awesome production! I have long loved the music of Cats & was really looking forward to attending this show last night. They did not in any way disappoint! Grizabella, singer of the gorgeous song Memories, was Anne Grayson. I have heard this song sung many, many times, as it is one of my favorites. This young woman sang one of the most beautiful renditions of this song that I have ever heard. She has an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful voice. I seriously had goosebumps and chills. Some of the photos are dark, but here ya go anyway:
Anne Grayson singing her gorgeous song

Rum Tum Tugger was played by Ethan Williams, who also has a beautiful voice. I knew that Snake River had a great choir, but I was blown away by the number of students with incredible voices. If you had the chance to see this play, you got a big treat. If you didn't, you majorly missed out!
Magical Mr. Mistofelles--he was really cool!
Very bad photo--but this is Josh's friend Christian--soccer player extrodinairre, track star, and apparently, tap dancer--he was a dancing beetle...that I do not remember from previously watching Cats.
Hannah & Sheneka
Dancing

Some photos in the commons after:
The whole cast
Amanda & Hannah
Our favorite little Kitty, Hannah--Josh's good friend


2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I heard that it was going and I so wanted to get to see it! SR always does such amazing musicals!!!

Jones' said...

how fun for you to be able to go.