Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Testing out the new camera

I have made a discovery since I don't have to go to Idaho Falls for work every day anymore! I've discovered that I enjoy going up there when I go now. My mom is a missionary in the Family History Center in Idaho Falls. She goes up on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Today was a day that I was spending writing reports from the inspections I did yesterday in the Sun Valley area. Mom suggested I go to Idaho Falls with her, as I could take the laptop & work anyway. I needed to do some shopping anyway, so I said sure! I decided to take a big long break from work & enjoy some of my favorite parts of IF while I was out shopping! And, since I had to buy a new digital camera yesterday...long story...I decided to test it out at the same time!! I believe that I made a good purchase...I'm really happy with the quality of photo it takes.

I love the greenbelt area and the Falls. You can't see them in this photo, but there are tons of geese here! They were lining the top of the Falls today. Seeing the geese reminds me of my dad, who loved to feed the geese...both the ones here at the green belt and the ones we used to own when I was growing up. The green belt is a big nostalgia trip for me. And of course, the Falls are gorgeous!

The temple...this really goes without saying. I love the Idaho Falls temple. I think it is just gorgeous & was really surprised at how good these photos turned out!





These are kind of funny. There's this place a little further down the river in Idaho Falls called Taylor's Crossing, which is being made into a big commercial area. In the middle of Taylor's Crossing, there's a round-about. The center of the round about has the above. It's this huge, at least 20 foot rock sculpture with a pool and waterfalls. There are these beautiful bronze eagles and a mountain lion. I make it a point to go through Taylor's Crossing whenever I'm in Idaho Falls, even if I don't have to go over there, just because I love, love, love this!



3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

VERY nice! It is always funner to take phtos with a nice camera! :) And we are so lucky to live so close to such beautiful and diverse areas....and a few temples! :)
PS--I want to redo your blog...email me and tell me what you want and if you have any new photos for your topper AND what your login/password is...I forgot! :)

Jones' said...

How beautiful and congrats on the new camera, I love getting a new camera, it is an absesion with me! Lol!

Amber said...

You took some good pictures. Seeing them makes me miss Idaho.