Saturday, March 28, 2009

Track in Firth

I guess it really has been a long time since high school, because I had completely forgotten the down side of track. That would be that track is run in the spring. In Idaho. This last week, Idaho decided to make a return to winter. We had snow, we had hail, we had 20 degree weather. And of course, we had that during the track meet on Wednesday! It was so cold! I had three quilts/blankets, a sweatshirt, gloves, and a scarf, and was still shivering!!! I had forgotten that those track meets can be frigid! Josh wasn't feeling particularly well this last week, so he only ran the 4X200 and the 4X400--they finished 4th and 5th...not too bad at all, being as this was a 12 school meet. Here are some frigid photos....Keegan on the far end coming in 2nd on the hurdles

I do remember doing alot of huddling under blankets like this!
Josh coming to get his quilt from us
Those poor kids looked so cold out there! And the wind was blowing at about 30 miles an hour....not sure why we never thought to bring tents!
Emmett in the 4X200
Kaitlin in the 4x200

4 comments:

Heather said...

I think back in the day...tents just didn't pop up like these crazy kids have today!

Liza said...

looking back on the trauma of setting up the girls camp tents, I would concur with that Heather!

Micah and Jen said...

I think EVERY track meet in Firth was cold! Why would it be any different now? You are so good to sit through the frigid temps! :)

Liza said...

We left early! I was going out of town the next day & had a couple of errands I HAD to get done before I left. I was sad to miss some of his events, but SO happy to get back in the car!