Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family Room Progress

First, I have to say, my new background is awesome! Thank you Jen! Dingbat that I am, I completely forgot that you were going to do an update, so when I pulled up my blog for my new post, for a second, I wasn't sure who's blog I was on!

So, almost 10 years ago, we converted our garage into a family room and built a new garage. We have loved our big family room, but have never really finished it off. The ceiling has always been taped, but never finished. We did the first coat of paint on the walls years ago, but hated the color once it was done, and have never don anything about it. The room has always been a gathering place for the boys & their friends, and finishing the room is something that we've always talked about but never done.

Until this week! We finally decided to take the leap and get the family room taken care of. So, the father of one of James' best friends does taping & texturing, so Duane came and did our ceiling over the last week. Here's what it's looked like:
Here's in the middle of the week:
Duane finished the ceiling last night, so today we painted it and got the room put back in order. Josh did the painting & did a terrific job!
And here is the final product tonight. We have picked the color for the walls, and within the next two weeks, Bavarian Creme will be covering the walls & Restful will be on the bookcases and cupboards. I'll post the finished product when the whole family room is done!
As well you can imagine, we are all exhausted! We decided that we have all earned ice cream & a movie! And I think this means that I'm going to have to give Josh his clothes back!

5 comments:

Amber said...

We did mudd and tape today in our back room. Its so close to being done we can almost tast it.:) Your family room is looking great, can't wait to see pictures of it all finnished.

Natalie said...

Thanks for visiting! I love Red Sox fans! :) Congrats on getting so much done!

BTW...Charly See is my cousin. :)

Micah and Jen said...

Looking good! And WHY don't you love that color on the walls? It's just so peachy! Barvarian cream will look perfect! :) Can't wait to see it all done!

Micah and Jen said...

PS--I don't blame you for not knowing who's blog it was! Sorry it took me so long to get it made over! Happy spring!!!

Jones' said...

Looking great, what a huge room! I can't wait to get my bathroom done, it is taped, textured and 1st coat of primer up.