Sunday, February 24, 2008

52 Blessings ~ Week 7

I'm a week late with this, but I have a good excuse that I'll use in the next one! My blessing for last week is actually something that I am trying very, very hard to remember to be thankful for & that is trials. I get so caught up in thinking about all the bad things that I have to deal with that I forget to be grateful for the growth that my trials give me. It's hard for me to remember to be thankful for something that is hard for me to deal with. However, I had re-inforced for me at church how important it is for us to go through these things. That old saying, that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger? Yeah, it really is true! So, even though things seem really rough right now, I am grateful for the strength & the growth that is available for me from my trials, if I will but remember to open my heart up to the learning experience.

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

I totally understand the "trial" thing and am thinking of you! I know it's hard right now, but think of the future and how WONDERFUL it can really turn out! I love you tons and you are such an amazing, beautiful, wonderful person who deserves the best this life can offer! Keep your chin up and remember who you are!