Friday, February 1, 2008

Elder James...


James has been out on his mission for almost a month now. In fact, on Monday, it will be a month. It's just seemed like he was away for awhile. I don't know how a whole month snuck up on me. He spent 3 weeks in the MTC in Provo & then left a week ago for the MTC in the Dominican Republic. Everyone who has sent out a missionary has told me that I won't be able to believe the changes in James as he throws himself into his mission and is able to grow from it. I would never have believed anyone who told me that I would be able to see that difference already. He is definately not the same 19 year old teenager who left us a month ago. I can already see a maturity & depth that there were times I wasn't ever sure he'd get to! I love to hear from him & read his letters, even when he challenges me to something that I am so scared to do! I am so proud of him & hope that he knows that!

He is loving the Dominican and is scheduled to be there for 4 weeks before he flies to Puerto Rico.

No comments: