Monday, February 11, 2008

54 Blessings ~ Week 6

Ok, so I'm a day late again! I've already mentioned that I am a dog person. This week, I am thankful for the critters in my life. Our dogs are a big part of our life & a part of our family. I am thankful for the unconditional love they give. No matter what happened in my day, no matter if it was a good day or a bad day, no matter if I have people mad at me at work or at home, I can always count on a joyful welcome when I get home from the dogs. They're never mad at me, they're never rude to me, and they're hardly every inconsiderate of me--only when there's food involved for them! Beyond that, having the dogs helped so much when James & Josh came to live with us! The dogs gave them someone who cared about them. Both of them got their own dog, which gave them someone to take care of & gave each of them instant best friends. On the way to the MTC with James, we asked him if there was anything he didn't have with him. He said yeah, the only thing I'm missing is my dog....I wish Gibson could come with me. I love that James has this best buddy that he's had for 6 years & that he missed Gibs being able to go with him. In the picture above, you see me hiding behind my book & under one of my mom's gorgeous quilts, with Hannah stretched out on my legs. I couldn't get the red eye out, for some reason.

The hard part of having dogs is that they don't get to stay with us long enough & it always breaks my heart when one of our dogs dies. But I don't think I'd ever be able to to live without the sweet soul & spirit of a dog.

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I have always loved dogs as well, and my kitties (well, not so much the two annoying ones I have right now) and I totally agree on how wonderful it is to have someone who always loves you and cuddles up with you and has that sweet pouty face you just can't ignore. I just can't wait to get up to heaven and be reuinited with them all again.....on your guys side, you'll need an entire world for all your sweet doggies! :)

Liza said...

I know that we will need an entire world for the dogs on the other side--of course, with the dogs is where I usually want to be anyway, so that'll be good! It's always hard to let them go, even though I know they're going to my dad! It doesn't quite seem fair that he gets all my favorites & he gets them for so much longer than I did!