Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Elder James!!!

So, my big news of the day was going to be that I did my civic duty & voted in the primaries today, but I have much more important news!!

I received an email today from Elder James. They had transfers this week. James has been serving in Rincon since he arrived in Puerto Rico. He wrote today to let us know that he has received his first transfer! He has left the island of Puerto Rico & has, in fact, left the country! He has been transferred to Curacao, which is a small island that is just 170 square miles. It's just about 40 miles off the coast of Venezuala. He will be learning a new language, Papiamento, which is a combination of French, Dutch, and Spanish. He is very excited & very nervous. This is truly a terrific opportunity for leadership for James & I am so excited for him!!


1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

Wow! I am so jealous...I want to be there!!!!