Monday, May 26, 2008

The Garden

So finally, after one of the screwiest springs we've had in awhile, it's finally warm enough to be putting in the garden. Of course, I'm sitting here typing this in the afternoon because I've been chased inside by a cold wind & rain, but Saturday and this morning were beautiful! I took full advantage of it by getting the garden going. Of course, I had to take photos, as they make the blog so much more fun!

Above & below are two rows of tomatoes. We decided to try a few different varieties this year.


Above, Josh uses the awesome tiller that a neighbor loaned us to prepare the next row so that I could plant the pepper plants. Below, Josh rakes the row smooth.

My mom watered all the new little plants after I'd put them into the garden.

These are three of my strawberry plants! I planted 10 plants last year & got a few strawberries. I couldn't believe how many not only came back, but shot off litle babies! I think I've got about 20 now!

Sadly, even after all this work, I'm not done. I still need to get corn, beans, squash & cucumbers in. Oh yeah, and lettuce.

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

Yay for you! We were gone all weekend and were planning to get ours in today...but it was raining when we got back....maybe next weekend?