Saturday, December 6, 2008

Photography for a really good cause


I don't think I've posted anything about this on my blog, but in August, one of my sisters in law passed away. Lori battled breast cancer for 5 years. She fought a brave, strong battle with the loving support of my brother, their children, and all of our extended families. On August 15th, she lost that battle. she left behind a beautiful family--two grown daughters and four children still at home. With the strength of our beliefs that the separation is only temporary until we are all joined on the other side of the veil, my brother, nieces and nephew are surviving and thriving in their new world. My brother Bob & Lori's first grandchild will be born in April. Her name will be Lori Jade.

In honor of Lori's memory, my brother Bob is working with Dartmouth Hospital, where Lori received terrific treatment that helped to extend her life and quality of life, to help others who are battling cancer as well. One of the biggest obstacles that people who are fighting the battle of their lives with this insidious disease face is paying for their treatments and their medications. Single treatment can cost thousands and medications can run upwards of $500 a month!

My brother is a world class photographer. He is making his photography available to the general public. The website is still in the stages of being created, but he will have thousands of his beautiful photographs and hopefully some of Lori's own photography available for people to purchase for just one dollar a print! A portion of the proceeds from each purchase will go to a fund to help cancer patients to pay for their treatments and medications.

I would encourage everyone who visits this blog to go and check out the website. Browse through the photography and purchase a print to help those in need.

Here is the link and it will also be forever in my Blog links.

http://www.photosforabuck.com/default.aspx

No comments: