Thursday, October 8, 2009

Best Game Ever!

Last night was Snake's Senior night for soccer. For senior night, they always play under the lights at the football field. My poor little camera, even on the night setting, was way over matched by how dark it was, but I was able to get a couple of photos that were decent. This was probably the best soccer game I have ever been to. The only thing that could have made it better was if Josh was able to play.

So they played Aberdeen last night...interesting matchup for me, as Aberdeen was my school. It was not at all difficult to root against my old school.

Aberdeen came out strong in the first half & scored three goals in like 15 minutes. Snake was playing kind of sluggish and not playing well as a team. The first half was a little frustrating to watch...especially since did I mention that this is at night? In October? In Idaho? It was freezing! Thank goodness for sweaters. And blankets. And gloves. And scarves. And hats. Anyway...

Snake came out in the second half as a changed team! They were strong, they worked together well, they talked, they passed, and they controlled the game for the entire second half. They came back to score 4 unanswered goals in the second half and win the game! Andy, a freshman super star, had an amazing game & scored two of the goals and an assist for the game winning goal. It was so fun to see them work so well. The win last night moved them to first place in the district. Districts start on Saturday.

Not only was the game amazing, but I think that Snake River soccer has THE best fans! They are supportive and they are loud. And yes, I willingly and proudly admit that I was one of those fans last night, jumping up and down in the bleachers, screaming til I had no voice, clapping til my hands hurt, and stomping my feet on the metal to make that really really loud noise. Embarassing, maybe. Obnoxious, perhaps. However, I prefer the term enthusiastic!!

Introducing the team prior to the game. Josh is all the way over on the left, in the hat

Honoring the seniors at half time--we have some great Seniors leaving the team--including our awsome goalie, McKay!

After the game, the parents always line up on the edge of the field. The kids run across the field to us and go down the line getting high 5's. Last night, they ran half way across the field & huddled, doing their pre-game routine, which I think is way cool. Plus, Josh is in the center, leading it. I'm proud of him for contributing what he can to his team even while he's injured. He leads their pre-game routine, helps them get warmed up, and is always on the sidelines, assisting with in-game coaching. I know it's hard for him to not be able to play, but I'm proud of how he's handling it!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

um, Aberdeen has soccer now? Wow, moving on up in the world eh? I wouldn't have had a hard time rooting against them either! :) Hope Josh gets feeling better....I plan to make it to a game next year for sure to get some awesome photos of him! :)

Jones' said...

Sounds like a cold but fun night out!