Saturday, October 17, 2009

What a day

Yesterday, I went to West Yellowstone for work. I don't think I've been there since I went with my dad before he died. I don't think that cute little town has changed at all since then! It's a very different experience going there than it is to go to Jackson or Sun Valley. W. Yellowstone does not have the tourist appeal or the upscale vibe that either of the other two towns do. It made me remember & think about my trip there with my dad & made me miss him.

I thought this bronze statue was so pretty



I got a little bit excited when I saw these painted buffalo--to go with the painted horses I saw in Logan a couple of months ago. I'm such a dork Jen! I did drive around town, taking pictures of them!

These little guys were hanging on one of the hotels I inspected. I thought they were cute.





The scenery coming out of Yellowstone, back into the valley was so pretty. I had to pull over several times to take photos. It made me feel a little guilty, because honestly, I live in this beauty every day & don't appreciate it near enough.





So after a short side trip to Driggs, I ended up back in Idaho Falls. I spent a lot of the day feeling a little sad & sort of feeling sorry for myself. I was missing my dad & I knew also that I had made someone important to me unhappy with me. So I was very grateful for the opportunity I had to end the day thinking about someone other than myself. Thank you to my dear, dear friend for allowing me the opportunity to provide a small act of service to her sweet little family. I never would have thought that buying two pizzas and a dozen cupcakes could make me feel so much better! Another opportunity to provide a small act of service presented itself to me again today in front of the library. So I find myself wondering, is someone trying to send me a message? Maybe it's time for me to get over myself a little bit and stop spending so danged much time focusing on myself & start serving the wonderful, wonderful people I am lucky enough to have in my life!

5 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

YOU are a wonderful person! We really appreciated the gesture soooo much! Austin was so excited that someone was bringing him pizza....no better gift for that kid! :) What a great trip to go see Yellowstone. I'm jealous, I love going up there! I hope you realize just how terrific of a person you are, and you have always been so willing to help me out. I couldn't ask for a better friend! Love ya! :)

Springer Family said...

What a great post! It was fun catching up the other night. You are such a sweet person. I am also jealous you went to Yellowstone. We have been wanting to go, some day soon I hope.

Springer Family said...

What a great post! It was fun catching up the other night. You are such a sweet person. I am also jealous you went to Yellowstone. We have been wanting to go, some day soon I hope.

Jones' said...

how cool Liza, looks like a great day out and about, even if it made you miss your Dad you are allowed that once in a while!

Unknown said...

I am never unhappy with you - you know what you mean to me.