Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Big Date--Homecoming 2009

Tonight was Josh's big first date! He and his really good friend Kade doubled and took lovely young ladies. We continued the tradition that my mom had for me & my friends and that we did for James, and we had a formal dinner for them here at the house before the dance. It was fun to have them here & to be able to make a fun meal for them! Jen, this should bring back some memories!


The table before dinner

We used my best china, my silver, and these really fun glasses I have that Josh loves! I don't get to use it very often, but it's nights like this that make me grateful that my mom bought my china & silver for me!! And I love, love, love my china pattern! I picked it out for the first time when I was like 10 & this many years later, still think it's gorgeous!

The corsage--Josh & Kade were so cute. They got ready here at the house & as the left to go pick up the girls, Kade turned to me and said, what do I do with this thing? So we had a little lesson in how to put a corsage on a girl's wrist & I got to be their practice arm. It's been a long time since I've worn a corsage--I'd forgotten that it sort of makes you smile to look down & see pretty flowers!

The kids enjoying dinner

Funny Kade!

Mom talking to the kids during dinner





The two couples. Kade, Valeria, Josh & Sage

Josh & Sage

Kade & Valeria

The girls

The guys being very cool

LOVE the boots Sage!!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Oh yes! LOTS of memories! It made me want to be young and in high school again....well, almost! :) You did a wonderful job and I'm sure they had a great time! And I still can't believe you have china...I still don't have any! :)

Jones' said...

How fun and exciting! I love the boots and hope they are more comfy than they look