Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy birthday Mom!


Oh, I am a terrible daughter! My mom's birthday was actually last Friday, the 27th. I meant to write her a birthday post, but then got caught up in whatever I was doing that day & didn't get it done. Sorry mom! It wasn't because I don't love ya!

I have the best mom. She's super strong & I hope that I can have that kind of strength one day. Mom raised my older brothers on her own a lot because my dad's Navy career took him away from the family for long periods of time. I was little when my dad retired, but I remember my mom saying--we're a Navy family--it's what we do. Mom has deep, deep New England roots, but when Dad got a job in Idaho, mom was so strong about it. She knew it was what was best for our family, so it was what we did. When she was far too young, mom lost her soul mate and Eternal companion, my dad. I know how much it hurt her and how much she misses him still, but she always, always stayed strong for me, who was a fairly young teenager at the time. She knew I needed her and she was always there for me when I needed her and when I needed to grieve. Mom's taken every punch that was thrown at her and has rolled with it. I so admire her for that. She never wavers in her strength, her courage, or her faith. I look up to my mom a lot!

I love you mom! I hope it was a good day for you & that you enjoyed your New England Clam Chowder for your birthday dinner!

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

Your mom is pretty great! :) I hope she had a great day too....and clam chowder....JEALOUS! :)