Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions


So as I was getting ready to go out and ring in the New Year, I was thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I am terrible at making them & even worse about keeping them! But I want things to be different and to make some changes in 2010, so I thought that if I wrote them down--especially where others can read them, maybe I'd be better about keeping them!!

Resolutions for 2010
1. Joshua 1:9 I read this scripture in the Bible a couple of weeks ago and it has stayed with me. Be strong and of good courage. Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed. I want this to be my theme for the year. I want to live this scripture every day of my life.

2. I want to keep finding my peace with myself. A very good friend helped me to find my self worth and self image this year. He gave me the courage to believe in myself and to make some changes in my life. I am a stronger person because of his influence in my life. I want to continue to become stronger and increase my self confidence and self belief.

3. I want to be a better daughter, sister, aunt, niece, cousin, and friend. I am so over being so worried about myself & my own problems. This year is dedicated to not being so self absorbed and giving more of myself to the people in my world.

2009 was an amazing year for me. It was filled with some of the highest points of my life, and some of the most painful lows. It has been a year that I will never forget, because it has been a year in which my life has been changed in so many ways. I welcome the fresh start and the new beginning that 2010 brings with it tonight and hope that it brings to all of my friends and family a year of happiness, peace, love, and everything that you are looking for. Be happy and fulfilled. I love you all.

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

hey, that's the scripture that got me through the toughest times in my life....IT WORKS! You are a great person, so don't forget to give yourself a little credit here! :) Hope this year is everything you wished for and more!!! Happy 2010 my dear friend! :)